Monday, June 6, 2011

Lovin' spoonful.

Today I went to the Iowa city animal rescue.  I could not stay away from Paprika even though she was a "scardy cat" I just really loved her and she seemed so loving but so afraid an in need of love.

Paprika


I also made some homemade laundry detergent!



Here is the recipe:
Ingredients
1/2 bar fels-naphtha soap OR 1 bar ivory soap
1/2 cup borax
1/2 cup washing soda
Water
Large pot (I used the largest pot I had that was 8 quarts and it worked fine)
Clean laundry detergent bottles OR milk jugs
Funnel
Grate your fels-naphtha soap and being to a boil with 6 cups of water. Boil for 10 minutes. Add Borax and washing soda. Boil for 10 minutes, stir often to prevent boil-over. Add 6 cups hot water, stir until dissolved. Using a funnel, split between 2 containers. Fill containers up with more hot water leaving a few inches at the top so you can shake before using. Let sit for 24 hours. Shake before each use, use one cap-full or 1/2 cup

Yay!!



3 comments: