Thursday, November 10, 2011

Old Man Drinks

So, I'm not often one to go for lots of hard drinks, but today I saw a book called "Old Man Drinks," and I decided if I do decide to let lose it will be the way an old man does.


Some old man drink recipes:

"Satan's Whiskers"
-1 ounce gin, 1/2 ounce grand mariner, 1 ounce of vermouth, 1 ounce of sweet vermouth, 1 ounce of orange juice, 2 dashes of orange bitters

"Rusty Nail"
1.5 ounce of scotch whiskey, 1/2 ounce of dramboie scotch whiskey, 1 twist of lemon peel

"Perfect Manhattan" 
 three parts rye (whatever that means), half part of dry vermouth, half part of sweet vermouth, dash of bitters, and drunken cherry "on the rocks"


These men look like they could definitely go for an old man drink! The ingredient "vermouth" seemed to be very popular in old man drinks so maybe once I learn what this is I can get to business!



No comments:

Post a Comment