Monday, March 14, 2011

SUSHI!!

So I had never made sushi before so I decided to try it!

I found a general recipe here,>>  http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/18/recipe-homemade-sushi/ but decided to use my own ingredients.  I may also add that my 8 and 11 year old sisters are master chefs and have more superior tastebuds than any children I have ever met.  To start out I made the rice and shiz.  I layed out all the ingredients on a platter.  I had chopped raw veggies like cucumber, mushroom, carrot, and avocado.  I also made some ahi tuna with spicyness! We happened to have some garden veggie cream cheese so that was awesome also!


After the rice was done cooking (it was special short grain sushi rice!) we laid it out on the seaweed (which was already laying on saran wrap and a bamboo sheet.  Then we put the ingredients inside the sushi and rolled and pressed and rolled and pressed and then CHOPPED!!!

Here is what some of it looked like:


haha- some pieces were prettier than others.  Fortunately we also had ginger, wasabi, and soy sauce for the perfect sushi meal! YUMMAAAY :)


2 comments:

  1. why are you so awesome?! let's make this happen in Iowa City for realz. I want to comment on your 4 most current posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a much sharper knife. You can pick one up on Amazon for 30 bucks. Run your knife in water after you cut a few pieces. Wipe off with a hand towel. Cut a few more etc. You can get sushi grade tuna at East-West on Gilbert street.

    ReplyDelete