Saturday, March 24, 2012

Some old age wisdom

Today I turned 22! Man am I gettin' old! After thirty hours of labor, I was born at around 8 in the morning (this time!) Since it's my birthday I was just thinking of all the things that each year of age brings and all the lessons accompanied with growing up. This year had lots!

To Give Thanks

'Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.'

1 Thessalonians 5:16

To remain patient

'Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.'

Habakkuk 3:17-19

Diligence

'God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.  We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.'

-Hebrews 6:10-11

Self Control

'For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age."

Titus 2:11-12

and.....

That only one thing Matters

'Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless an pure children of God without fault  in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life- in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.'

-Philippians 2:14-15





1 comment: