Thursday, October 7, 2010

Never give up on a day

So then the rest of the day happened and it ended up being significantly better :)

I guess I learned that I should never give up on a day!

Megan picked me up and we went to leaf kitchen which ended up being possibly my most favorite restaurant ever to be in Iowa city.  It was so AAAAAAHHHH (me taking a big breath of fresh air).  The tables and chairs were all different and everything was vintage and used and old and wonderful.  There was an entire shelf devoted only to holding butter cookies and there is a tea time every afternoon as well as "green tea cookies" and "earl gray truffles"

These are just a few of the cute wonderful things about the Leaf Kitchen.  Plus our waitress was very nice and pleasant.  Also it is just such a nice thing to just go to a restaurant with another friend and just really enjoy your food and talk and just be present in that very moment.  I am so glad I got to go out to dinner with Megan.  I guess maybe that is why adults always have date nights and such.  Obviously megan and I were not on a date, but I can see how just spending time with another person and valuing their company and just talking and not worrying can be a great thing.  It is nice to take a break from everything and just enjoy a meal at a great place.


No comments:

Post a Comment