Thursday, February 9, 2012

“Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all.”

Living.  It's crazy the different things that can control us as each year and day brings something new.  I think that things like depression, anxiety, and being a crazy person are all very real, but also that they affect everyone is different phases of life.  This past year has been very ~~~~ (that is supposed to be waves), but a lot has been learned from it also! I was thinking yesterday of how much of a gift it is to feel hopeful and know that suffering produces endurance, and perseverance, and hope! (Romans 5:3-5).  If God is making me better at all these things than I should be excited about foregoing a little discomfort in exchange for incomparable joy!

I have been really trying to take life day by day in order that I can appreciate all the great gifts of each day without rushing through them and always awaiting the success of the future.  I think expectance is awesome, but I learned to plan and expect how my life was going to be instead of letting God be in control.  Only through repeated failure have I learned to let go of expectations and remain hopeful.  So this morning when I woke up I was so pleasantly surprised! The sun was shining! I had a great morning run! And then while I was getting ready for class, I just felt good.  I felt like myself.  So I started manipulating and trying to think of how this would make me run faster and such and then I had to take a step back and re evaluate.  The gift of just feeling hopeful and like myself was enough for today, and such a great joy to know that it is even possible to feel normal at all!

Anyhowz, sorry for the 'Dear Diary', I hope it will leave you feeling full of some hope!

Exciting things from the week:

I discovered the goodness of the Fava Bean.  After reading about the health and vitality benefits I decided to give them a try, and my o my, what a good call!




I also started planning a road trip for this summer to Steamboat, CO. Hike, bike, breathe, live!!!


J'aime Colorado :)

1 comment:

  1. Wise words Betsy Flood. I totally agree! I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete