Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Self-control

Self control is such an admirable trait, and one that I am not very good at! Whatever the circumstance I am very quick to cave in to pressure which as I learned the other day provides about a second and a half of fun and then some really negative thoughts afterwards.  Fortunately, God I think knows that I am not very controlled so there are some things He has removed from my life entirely so I am not tempted. Today I was able to get to read a little about self control in the Bible.

“Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control.” Proverbs25:28 (NIV)

“So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled.” 1 Thessalonians 5:6

“But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.” 1 Thessalonians 5:8

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23

So hopefully I can just pray about this and it will get better! You can pray for me too if you want! How can I pray for you today???!

Also a friend showed me this video. You should watch it if you are feeling down. I got a good chuckle!


No comments:

Post a Comment