Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Je Suis Brilliante!

Okay, I am not really brilliant, but I did make up a pretty cool recipe! 

I woke up at 6:15 am and,

The day started out like this:

There was nothing I wanted to do more than watch this:


So I laid in my bed and watched it till I felt like this:


Then, I felt empowered to make up my own recipe!

It goes a little like this:
Sweet Potato Waffles
1 egg
1 cooked or microwaved sweet potato
1/4 cup oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1tsp. coconut (or vanilla) extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup milk

Now, in order to blend the ingredients best I would use a magic bullet or food processor.  I put all the ingredients in and gradually added the milk until it was a desired texture (about 1/4 cup).  After all the ingredients were blended I just put it onto an oiled waffle maker! The hardest part was getting them out afterwards.  Since they are mostly sweet potato the consistency is not like that of normal waffles.  To avoid lots of crumbling I just turned the waffle maker upside down and let them fall onto my plate. It worked!

Sweet potato waffles + Agave + Banana + slivered almonds= a great Wednesday morning




No comments:

Post a Comment