Sunday, February 19, 2012

let's get REAL

In our decision to try and avoid foods that have chemicals and things we can not pronounce in them, my roommate Mick, and I have gotten a little more creative in the kitchen.

The recent obsession is hummus.

For all hummus begin with:

-1 can of chickpeas 
-1 squeezed lemon
-2 garlic cloves
-2 tablespoons tahini
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-a dash of sea salt

-optional- sometimes I add more water if I want it to be smoother. The above recipe creates a very concentrated hummus!

Next: ADD WHATEVER and food process everything for some minutes.

Beet hummus- add 3 roasted beets.


Pumpkin curry hummus- add one cup of pumpkin and one tablespoon of curry


Sweet potato white bean hummus- substitute garbanzos for white beans and add a roasted sweet potato


Mick just made cilantro sun dried tomato! Coconut, spicy black bean, butternut squash? I think you can add anything!

Ideas?






No comments:

Post a Comment