Thursday, May 17, 2012

No Fear

Since I have now officially graduate college and still have no idea what I am doing or where I am going, I have found myself anxiously trying to grasp for something certain or force something that feels unnatural. I know that this is because I am a human, but being anxious is not a good thing.

Jesus said, "Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I think this is really a beautiful thing.  I always laugh at how simple things are and how I can find about forty million other things to do some days before just simply going to God.  I have often found myself spinning around in circles and running away from Him in order to pursue my own passions, but recently I have a discovered a really beautiful truth.  God has put certain passions within us as a gift and He asks us not to neglect them.  What we truly desire is also what God desires, and when we are closest to Him we can know this.

This is such good news! There is nothing for me to be afraid of! Even if I have to wander around aimlessly for some time, I feel confident and certain that God has a plan and, sometimes it is only through suffering that the plan is most wonderfully accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment