Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Taking it Easy

Whenever I think about life too much I always come back to the same general conclusions.  I think my highest quality of life is a simple one, and I think that living comfortably is not really living at all.

"There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil."
Ecclesiastes 2:12

In Ecclesiastes the writer says much knowledge is much vexation, but in Philippians, Paul writes that wisdom increases love. At first I was confused, but now I love this idea.  I think it means that seeking power and knowledge from the world will only make us more miserable, but that trusting and accepting the lessons from God will allow us to discern Truth and love what is worth loving.


Simple joys from the week:

picking up some farm raised eggs and veggies from ZJ farms in Solon, IA.


Drinking some fresh squeezed carrot apple ginger juice from Wake Up Iowa City. 


Getting excited about all types of summer shindigs:
-Opportunities to race in New York and Austin!
-Planning a minimalist 2 week camping road trip to the WEST
-Making homemade nutella, homemade dish soap, homemade everything
-reading lots of cs lewis and the good word
-preparing for a 2 week trip to China
-spending my last couple months with the best friends I have ever had!

 "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

And as long as we are delighting in the Lord, we should do whatever we want! Because that is also what He wants.

Amen to that!

1 comment:

  1. I love what God revealed to you in those verses. I agree! Also, homemade nutella?! Yumm!! Have fun in China, also been loving philippians 4:13 lately as well

    ReplyDelete