Friday, September 10, 2010

My favorite way to start the day

This website is really great to look at before you start the day (if it is too cold to walk down to the neighborhood park).  It is actually great for anytime of day!  It is just a good way to reflect and be thankful and meditate.  Also I am constantly reminded to live in the moment which is so necessary for me!

And how ironic that this was the reading for the day...

1 Corinthians 9:19, 22:27
For though I am free with respect to all, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I might win more of them. To the weak I became weak, so that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, so that I might by any means save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings. Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable garland, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.

It is funny how we are most free when we live for others and things outside of ourselves.  When I run for myself and my pride I become anal and obsessive, but when I run with purpose to glorify God and allow those around me to guide me, then I can be free. Same with just life in general....


Sacred Space






No comments:

Post a Comment