Monday, April 25, 2011

GUACAMOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it! I have been wanting to make guacamole for quite some time.  So I realized today I had a full avocado and I was going to make it.

Here is a recipe that won the 2010 California Avocado Best Guacamole Contest for Best Tasting! I thought since it won the best tasting award I should make it--especially since avocados are grown thuuurr. (I also cut the recipe in 1/4 because I did not need eight servings of this).


  • 4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled
  • 3 limes, juice only
  • 1 medium white onion, chopped fine
  • ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced (or garlic powder!)
  • ⅛ tsp. cumin
  • ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
  • Pinch sugar (shoot I forgot this!)
  • 1 Serrano chile, chopped fine (I thought a jalepeno was an adequate substitute)
  • 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (I did not have this either so I used my orange herb plant and it worked perfectly)
Mix all ingredients together. Presto. DONE! YUM! Also as you can see, it seems that many substitutions and changes can be made to still achieve perfection.

THE GUACAMOLE


After making it I realized I did not have any chips and I could only eat so many spoonfuls of it plain.  I cut up a pita bread and baked it with some oil, cheese, and spices and I had a mexican nacho fiesta!


2 comments: